Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Guild Ball - Game Ready Part One...

Definitely my favorite miniature game of this year is Guild Ball and I am signed up for "Festive Balls" - a 32 player tournament at Bristol Independent Games (BIG). I will be taking Morticians, and while I am not the most competent of players I am massively looking forward to this!

So I got my head down and painted up a model a week and here are the results with some commentary! First - the team shot:


Here we have the full Morticians team, minus Bonesaw who is not out yet, plus Rage and Fangtooth who are Union players.

The first model I finished was Obulus. Being the team captain felt like he deserved the treatment first:



I didn't paint him this way on purpose but I feel his face has a definite Count Dooku look to it! I wanted the feathers to be something other than dark black/grey/purple so went with this phoenix esque look - this was something to pull the team together. Every model other than Ghast has some feather so they all have this scheme on them. Next up Dirge and a ball:



Dirge got the same scheme as Obulus' clock - on reflection he looks a bit too dark but I don't want him to be brightly colored so he'll have to do! The bases by the way are simply the resin bases that came with the Kickstarter. The flock is a bit of a modeling cop out but this is a sports game and I like the simple way it looks.

At this point I did the goal! I always knew it was going to be a big sharks jaw mounted on a corpse cart - it was just a question of modeling it! I found a 3D image of a sharks jaw as an STL file. It was a bit model so I used a free bit of software to shrink it down and then had it 3D printed. The cart came from "Gok" from the Busihdo range of miniatures so I pinned it on - used green stuff to hide the pin in a bit of wood and got to work painting:



I am very pleased with how it turned out! Back to the team and it was Cossets turn:



I decided on deep red for the teams 'uniform'. With her loose ribbons I kept them the same color as Obulus' to help give the team a look of unity. I didn't look at the artwork before painting her so she ended up with less skin on her from on show. For her face I wanted her very pale with some blood splatters!

The rest of the team are coming in part two soon.....

3 comments:

  1. Awesome colour scheme. Looking around for inspiration for painting my Morticians and you've got me started. Thanks for sharing & salute to a fellow Mort player from Melbourne Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colour scheme. Looking around for inspiration for painting my Morticians and you've got me started. Thanks for sharing & salute to a fellow Mort player from Melbourne Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll get Bonesaw on here soon - hopefully my memory won't fail me when the new captain appears and I try to paint her to match the team!

      Delete